1000 m erg
Bench: 10@45, 5@65, 5@100x5 These felt super easy today.
Squat: 10@45, 5@95, 5@125, 5@150x5, also pretty snappy!
Had to move a bunch of equipment around and going to my parents to help them pack up their house, so I've probably had enough for the day.
It is quite an effort to go through a 5K sq. foot house that your parents have lived in for 40 years and distill it down to what will fit in their new 2 bedroom cottage. They, and my brother and sister and I have been working on this for a few months now. The hardest part; the photographs. My father took a lot of pictures, slides, movies and videos. We just threw the movies away, his projector doesn't work, and none of us remember what's in them so we won't miss it I think. 15 carousels of slides from 10-15 years of Haiti dental trips. Tossed. We all went there and remember what it looked like and we do have many photos of more recent trips.
Today, my sister and my Dad and I went through the first 4-5 carousels of slides of family photos. 1958-1965. My parents were HOT in college and I was an adorable baby! My sister was not such a pretty baby but she was damned cute by the time she was 6 months old. We didn't even get to the ones with my brother. My role in this family is to be the bossy one. I left my sister and my dad with the task of putting all of the slides into the newer carousels and packing them up with the screen and projector for my sister, brother and I to review this summer to pick the best 1 or 200 to transfer to digital.
I am so thankful that we get to do this process with healthy, active late 70's parents! So many people go through this after a death. We learned today that my niece looks a great deal like my mom did in college, my grandfather who died before I was born is a dead ringer for my brother, and my parents were once young, and beautiful and handsome and cool! And my mother was a very stylish dresser! My sister and I kept saying, "great dress!". "Look at those shoes!" I am sort of anxious to show these to my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment