Saturday, February 9, 2013

Feb. 9

I haven't quite "fit in" on several training forums, but still see the need for some accountability in regards to my training logs, so I'm going to put it here.

Goals: Power lifting meet in April. Summer or Fall do first competition in a throwing event. Given that I am almost 50 years old and have a significantly crooked back, I don't expect to look like a fitness model, but I do have a spare tire to get rid of, which I know how to do, I just really like wine.

All comments, unless very rude and nasty are appreciated. I don't mind my training called into question with constructive suggestions to do otherwise.

My basic weekly stuff:
Sunday: 1 hour on the C2.
Monday: Squat and bench. Crossfit WOD
Tues.: 30 minutes C2
Wed.: Press, DL
Thurs.: 30 min, C2
Friday: off or Crossfit WOD
Sat. : Bench and Squat

I row an average of 27K a week (I erg to warm up on lifting days). I find that the Crossfit workouts tend to make me very sore so I think I need to incorporate some of the movements into my warm up on lifting days or on erg days.

Today:
1K erg
Bench: 10@45, 10@65, 5@97.5x5
Squat: 5@45, 5@95, 5@125, 5@155x5

Diet was good except for a couple of exceptional brownies and a few too many glasses of wine.

2 comments:

  1. Wine is my achilles heel with weight loss. I give it up for Lent every year (except Sunday, which is a feast day). :) Not because I'm particularly religious, but do need an exercise in restraint from time to time. Looks good, I've got to get on the rower myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not religious either, but I may give this Lent thing a try. My weightlifting belt is tight.

    ReplyDelete